Disappointments 2016





Opinion

Let’s Melba toast to a year of Disappointments 2016
Story ||By Derrick Kubasu








R

ight now, it is 9:30pm and I am sited in a tiny bed-and-study-table-only college room chronicling the cheats and disappointments that have been the year 2016. Exactly five minutes ago, the power had universally gone out leaving me in a dark sport: more like a blind spot. A blind spot I now realize I’ve been in it for a year staring at promising prospects that have so far remained just that; promising prospects.

Exactly 10 months ago, I was involved in a major project, alongside a friend, juggling Photoshop, Dream Weaver, Notepad and the internet trying to create our own website. We often argued over the font types, colors, content type and the right audience to target and even anticipated, at times, how big the company (this company) was likely to turn out before publishing it on February first and raising a glass to that feat. Before then, it had unflinchingly eaten into our time and money but I had nonetheless found all that experience quite thrilling.



T
hen Slam Dunk! We were trapped between a rock and a hard place disagreeing.



Then Slam Dunk! We were trapped between a rock and a hard place disagreeing. Our webhost company had just triple charged us for the service and were now delaying communications with us to right the situation. My friend was increasingly becoming super-busy too when the site was not even complete yet and to be quite frankly, I wasn’t even sure about the quality and quantity of my own content churning abilities (but right now I’m).

Basically, we were a mess. We tried to strike a common ground for our own sakes so we decided to pull down the site. That decision was quite heavy on my side because I had always dreamed about publishing on a platform which I was my own boss.

I picked up the pieces and shelved them within me while hoping that another chance to prove myself comes now that my first had fallen flat. In September, someone I regard highly found the idea fantastic and being an eager rookie head that I always am, I jumped on to the bandwagon and prepared an outline for review. That year closed on that note right then.

So today, I am deciding to kick start a new year, on a now wait-free note and a new blog hoping that soon, besides inspiring other rookies like me out there, I will earn a fully-fledged individual domain.


Comments

Derrick kubasu
I am on a mission to bringing you good quality magazine-cover style personal profiles. I can however only do that effectively by having your support. how? You ask. Well, just by subscribing above. (If you miss the subscription box above, look to view the web version of this blog.) My name is Derrick Kubasu and I am really grateful you did subscribe. Its now my life's mission to look for you right into your inbox.

Subscribe below to receive intimate and passionate personality profiles right into your inbox.

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.